All requests to reproduce photographs and other materials from the RIT Melbert B. Cary, Jr. Graphic Arts Collection must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
Please include the following information:
- Contact information: Name, Institution, Address, telephone and fax numbers, email address.
- Provide information about the item(s) to be reproduced. This includes: title, author, date, and source (i.e. web URL or call number).
- Identify your status, for example: Commercial firms (including publishers); Non-profit organizations and independent researchers; RIT Alumni; RIT faculty, staff and students.
- State the intended use of the reproduction(s): Are the materials for personal research purposes? Will they be published in print, video, or online?
- Give any specific reproduction requirements such as pixel size or file format.
- Provide a suggested deadline. We will try to accommodate your request as staffing allows.
A representative from the Cary Collection will contact you promptly regarding your request. At that time imaging fees will be negotiated and further information will be sent about the terms of the reproduction agreement, including publication standards and credits.
Please note that the Cary Collection reserves the right to refuse any order for reproductions that it feels might damage the original. The decision to allow reproduction of our holdings rests solely with the Curator or Archivist responsible for the material.
The RIT Cary Graphic Arts Collection contains many books and other materials that are still under copyright protection. Our staff can assist requestors to determine the copyright status of an item, including if it is in the public domain. The Cary Collection will not provide reproductions until all necessary permissions have been secured and submitted. It is the responsibility of the requestor to secure these permissions and present them to the Cary Collection.