Bevier Memorial Building

Title
Bevier Memorial Building
Subject

Bevier Building
RIT downtown campus buildings
Bragdon, Claude Fayette, 1866-1946.

Description

The Bevier Memorial Building was erected through the generosity of Mrs. Susan Bevier as a memorial to her daughter. It is on the corner of South Washington and Spring St.  It opened in 1911 and housed the School of Applied Art.
This building is one of the few from the original RIT downtown campus that still stands today.  Many were destroyed to make way for the Inner Loop roadway in the late 1960's.  Designed by well known architect Claude Bragdon, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.

Creator
Unknown Photographer
Source
RIT Archives Photo Collection
Date
ca. 1940
Rights
RIT Archive Collections
Format
8 x 10 black and white photograph
Type
Image
Identifier
D01-02-03
Coverage
RIT downtown campus
Citation

Unknown Photographer, "Bevier Memorial Building," in RIT History Exhibits, Item #23, http://library.rit.edu/rithistoryexhibits/items/show/23 (accessed January 19, 2012).