Brewster-Burke House

Title
Brewster-Burke House
Subject

Brewster Burke House
RIT downtown campus buildings
Graphic Arts Research Center

Description

The Graphic Arts Research Center was housed here at 130 Spring Street until RIT moved to the Henrietta campus in 1968.

Built in 1849, for insurance agent Henry Brewster, the house currently serves as the headquarters for the Landmark Society.

This historic house is an example of the Italianate style, featuring a hipped roof and a cupola. It was designed by A. J. Warner.

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.

Creator
Unknown Photographer
Source
RIT Archives Photo Collection
Date
ca. 1960
Rights
RIT Archive Collections
Format
8 x 10 black and white photograph
Type
Image
Identifier
D02-02-03
Coverage
RIT downtown campus
Citation

Unknown Photographer, "Brewster-Burke House," in RIT History Exhibits, Item #33, http://library.rit.edu/rithistoryexhibits/items/show/33 (accessed January 19, 2012).