Manual Training Building

Title
Manual Training Building
Subject

Manual Training Building - Erie Canal

Description

The Institute's first building, built in 1894 was located on the bank of the Erie Canal. The Manual Training buidling housed the Department of Industrial & Fine Arts where classes in forging, joinery and bench, and pattern making were offered.  After the Eastman Building was built, the Manual Training building became known as the "Eastman Annex."

Creator
Unknown photographer
Source
RIT Archives Photo Collection
Date
ca. early 1900's
Rights
RIT Archive Collections
Format
8 x 10 black and white photograph derived from glass negative
Type
Image
Identifier
D08-01-04
Coverage
RIT downtown campus
Citation

Unknown photographer, "Manual Training Building," in RIT History Exhibits, Item #63, http://library.rit.edu/rithistoryexhibits/items/show/63 (accessed January 18, 2012).