RIT Libraries ....linking you to more!
What is ?
MORE! is a linking service featured in many of the databases the library subscribes to on your behalf.
In a nutshell, when you search a database that features MORE! we directly link you from your search results to full-text journal articles whenever possible! And....if we can't we link you to the full-text you need ... we link to other options!
What are some examples of what links me to?
The MORE! linking service is context specific so what options we can link you to change from citation to citation. When available, the MORE! button will link to one or more of the following:
- the full-text of the journal article
- an automatic search of the RIT Library Catalog and/or the Connect NY catalog
- an interlibrary loan request form--already filled out with the info needed for us to get the item for you IF RIT Library doesnt have what you are looking for online or in print.
- book reviews and additional information
- an automatic Web search using Google or another search engine
- a link to get help from us via live chat or e-mail
Why do only some databases feature ?
Many, but not all, of the databases the library holds subscriptions to are "OpenURL enabled", the technology behind this linking feature.
Why is the fulltext article not always available?
There are two likely reasons: (1) there is no online full-text version available either for that journal or for specific (usually older) volumes of it, or (2) RIT Library does not have a license for access to the online full-text for that journal.
I clicked on the "get fulltext" but I only get to the journal's home page....why?
The MORE! linking service will get you as close to the full-text as it can, given the structure and quality of the data being passed by the database vendors. Sometimes you'll go straight to the full-text; sometimes you'll have to navigate the publisher's site yourself after that to get to the full-text. Essentially, a full-text link means that full-text is available -- but you may have to do some of the work of getting to it yourself.
- Interlibrary Loan
- Access Borrowing Card
- Study Rooms
- Computing Services
- Fax Services
- Publishing & Scholarship Support
- Faculty/Staff Campus Delivery
- ANSI Outreach Program
- Thesis & Dissertation Services
- Copyright & Fair Use Information
- Wallace Library
- RIT Archive Collections
- RIT Archive Special Collections
- Melbert B Cary, Jr. Graphic Arts Collection
- Design & Typography Special Collections
- RIT's Digital Media Library (DML)
- Image Collections
- Photo Collections
- RIT Open Access Publications
- Online Exhibits
- Book Lovers
- Meet Your Librarian
- User Specific Resources
- Workshops and Instruction
- News & Events
- Live Reference Help