Library Services - Quick Overview
- Meet YOUR Librarian
Each RIT college has a Reference Librarian  to serve as liaison. The Reference Librarian for your college is your first contact for consultation and assistance related to your research needs. Schedule research help .
- Assignment Calculator
Access an online project management tool  specifically designed for students to assist with the planning process. Establish a timeframe for the completion of your paper or project.
- Reserve a Study Room
Groups study rooms for group use by 2 or more people are located on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the library. Reserve a room now for your group project using the Study Room Reservation System . A valid RIT username and password are required to reserve a room.
PC and Mac laptops are available for check-out at the Circulation Desk . They have a 4-hour loan period and can be taken out of the library. They are equipped with wireless cards, Microsoft Office and internet browsers. An RIT ID and one other form of government issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID card, military ID, passport) are required at checkout.
Library Resources - Quick Overview
- Research Databases There are more than 180 databases  licensed by RIT Libraries to support faculty and student research. You will find scholarly information in all disciplines and many general resources that are good starting points for projects and papers such as EBSCO  and Proquest . In many cases you will be linked directly to journal articles on your topic in electronic format. These databases give you access to information that is not available freely on the Internet. Look for the MORE!  button to link to even more fulltext.
- Borrowing RIT Library Material
There are no limits on the number of items that may be checked out. The books from the general collection have a 3 week due date and are renewable if not needed by another. The library also has leisure material for your use: best-selling books, videos and DVD's. ALL borrowers pay late recall fines, billed book fees and lost book costs. Learn more about borrowing  or find books  and other material in the online catalog.
- Course Reserves Designed to provide students a central place to access supplemental course materials from their professors. We provide materials to in two formats as chosen by your professor: traditional (print) and online (password-protected delivered via the Internet) Access Course Reserves .
- Borrowing Books Directly via Connect NY Connect NY is a combined catalog of several cooperating academic libraries offering 7+ million volumes. Current RIT students, faculty and staff may borrow materials from other Connect NY libraries if RIT Library does not own books or our library's copy is a checked-out. Find out more! 
- Information Delivery Services (interlibrary loan) If RIT Library doesn't have a book or journal article that you need most likely we can get it for you via our interlibrary loan service provided by the Information Delivery Services (IDS) department. Requesting is all done online via IDS Express.