ACCESS is a co-operative effort of area libraries of the Rochester Regional Library Council to provide direct borrowing of materials from participating libraries .
ACCESS Borrowing Cards are issued to a limited number of RIT faculty, graduate students and professional research staff members needing extensive use of another cooperating library, only after RIT Library's resources have been fully utilized and exhausted.
RIT applicants may fill out an application form at the RIT Library Reference Desk (1st floor) or online by clicking BELOW.
Applications will be approved or denied by appropriate subject reference librarians.
Patrons requiring specific titles or those engaged in short term projects should make use of our interlibrary loan services provided by Information Delivery Services.
RULES GOVERNING USE OF CARDS
- Use of ACCESS card is subject to the rules of each participating library.
- All materials are to be returned to the lending library.
- Materials lost or damaged must be replaced by the person whose signature appears on the card.
- Overdue fines are payable to the lending library by the person whose name appears on the card.
- The card does not give automatic entrance to participating libraries. Borrowers must check hours and requirements for appointments of participating libraries.
- Cards are valid for one year, from July 1 - June 30 with no automatic renewals.
I have read and understood the rules and regulations governing the use of the ACCESS card. I further acknowledge that failure to return borrowed material or to pay fines owed to the lending library will result in permanent loss of ACCESS privileges. Please proceed to access application .