IEEE Citation is the official citation style for The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. The IEEE style uses a numbered footnote framework for the in-paper notations. The Reference List is in numerical order according to the occurrence of the citations within the paper. The style is used in IEEE publications and lends itself well to documenting engineering research papers.
Here are some important characteristics of IEEE to keep in mind as you get started:
- References contain four main parts: Author, Paper title, Periodical title, and Date
- Use the author’s first and middle initials combined with a last name
- Italicize the titles of periodicals, books, conference proceedings, handbooks, and manuals
- Use quotation marks to denote works that are part of larger works such as articles, chapters of books, or confernce papers
- In-text citations are sequential as are citations in the References list
To view all IEEE citations click here