Good News From September 1st, 2020 until August 31st, 2021 SciFindern is here.
SciFindern is the new and improved edition of SciFinder by CAS and now includes PatentPak and MethodsNow.
CAS is a division of the American Chemical Society and the producer of the SciFinder databases.
- New SciFindern users registration:
- Only new students, faculty and staff must first register for a SciFindern username and password in order to log into SciFindern
- SciFindern registration link
- Current SciFinder users access to SciFindern :
- You can log into SciFindern using this link with your original SciFinder username and password.
- Current SciFinder users do not have to register again for a SciFindern username and password.
- Here is the link to CAS SciFindern tutorials also provided below.
- To avoid any confusion or technical issues only register at the library’s Scifinder webpage
- Do not use the internet to go directly to the CAS website to register.
- Do not use CAS’s New To Scifindern? Create an Account link located in the Scifinder webpage to avoid any issues.
- Only the COS Chemistry and KGOE Chemical Engineering faculty will receive Scifindern training webinar invites for their students scheduled for September 15th 10am-11am and November 11th 2020 10 am-11am.
What is SciFindern?
SciFindern is CAS’s improved research tool that provides access to digital full text patents and journal articles including.
- CAS Registry Number® the unique identifier for chemical substances , structures, names, regulatory information and properties.
- Reactions – reaction schemes, procedures, conditions and product yields information from journals, patents, dissertations and reference works.
- References –across disciplines, including biomedical sciences, engineering, materials science, agricultural science and more.
- Chemical Suppliers’- verified catalogs with available quantities, prices, and direct links to leading producers and supplier sites.
PatentPak® provides access to over 18 million searchable, full-text patents from 46 major patent offices across the globe.
MethodsNow makes it simple to locate, compare and understand analytical methods from top journals and patents .
SciFindern tutorials link https://www.cas.org/support/training/SciFinder-n
Original SciFinder Information
For first time users, please go to the registration page. Once your account is set up, you'll be able to access SciFinder from anywhere in the world.
SciFinder is available at the following address:
What is SciFinder?
SciFinder is a research discovery tool that allows you to explore the CAS databases containing literature from many scientific disciplines including biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, materials science, agricultural science, and more! This includes access to:
- The Chemical Abstracts file from 1907 to the present
- The Registry File - a dictionary file of over 33 million substances
- CASReact - a database of chemical reactions
- CHEMLIST - a regulated chemicals list
- CHEMCAT - a database of chemical catalogs