This site is no longer being updated and may be out of date with current information. Please go to the new URL at rit.edu/library
Hi! I am Joan Naturale, the NTID and Deaf Studies Librarian, with a new blog! I plan to post at least weekly.
About me: I have a B.A. in English from Gallaudet University, an M.Ed. in Deaf Education from McDaniel College, an M.S in Library & Information Science from the University of R.I., and an Ed.D in Executive Leadership from St. John Fisher College. I am Deaf and sign-fluent and can help you find materials for your assignments (article databases, books, videos). In addition, we have a librarian from each college you can confer with for your assignments. Notice the green tab (chat, email, make an appointment) in the upper right-hand corner when we are available. After hours, the orange tab gives you ways to contact us.
Do you need answers to your library questions? There are many ways to contact us.
- Text — (585) 542-5748
- IM Services — You also may reach us via the Chat page.
- Library Help e-mail — email@example.com
- Reference Desk phone — (585) 475-2563 — Leave a voice message if you cannot reach us via email or chat. Please include your name and email or phone number so we can get back to you.
- Book an Appointment — This will take you to the general calendar of all librarians. You can look for my name if you wish to make an appointment.
- NTID chat
- NTID e-mail
- NTID v/videophone: (585) 286-4635 (You may leave a message, which I will get as an interpreted video message by hearing, non-signing persons and signed messages by signing persons calling me directly on the videophone.)