Course Reserve Information
Reserve materials can be requested at the Circulation Desk. To borrow reserve items, you must be a current student or faculty member and present a valid RIT ID. Course materials may be print or electronic format. Examples include:
- Library-owned books
- Professor owned books, solutions manual, etc.
- Professor generated materials, sample exams/quizzes, homework solutions, etc.
- Copies of selected journal or newspaper articles, chapter readings, etc.
Note: PDF format is preferred for electronic reserves and can be emailed directly to email@example.com.
Placing Materials on Reserve
Please place materials on reserve well in advance of students' need. To add materials to course reserves:
- Print the Reserve Addition form and bring the completed form with your materials to the Circulation Desk for processing.
- Submit the materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, email address, website (if you have one), course name and number, electronic resources (URLs and/or files), and the date to remove.
Items will be removed from reserve at the end of the academic year unless other arrangements are made in advance. This is to conform to copyright laws and assist with management of the reserve collection. Instructor-owned items will be returned to them. Contact Us to manage your reserve items.