Construction on Wallace Library began in Summer 2021 and is expected to last about two years. The circulating collection and some public services have relocated to "Wallace On Ice" (Ritter Ice Arena) for the duration of construction.
Now Available at "Wallace on Ice"
The following library services and resources are available in Ritter Ice Arena, beginning in Fall 2021 through the duration of construction on Wallace Library:
- The circulating collection from Wallace Library, including books, journals, current magazines, and course reserves
- A fully staffed Circulation Desk, including book pickup, interlibrary loan, and laptops to borrow
- A library instruction space
- Public computers with 2 Print and Scan Stations
- A variety of seating and study areas with Wi-Fi and wireless printing throughout the space
Access to Physical Library Resources
The circulating collection is open for all RIT faculty, students, staff, and alumni to browse. Interlibrary loan materials and other items from RIT Libraries' circulating collection are also available for pickup in Ritter 1-3 business days after submitting an online request.
You can also book an appointment to use the microfilm reader in Ritter. All microfilm is now located in Offsite Collections, so please request any microfilm that you need in advance and wait until you receive the notice that it has arrived before booking your appointment.
Subject-specialist librarians are available virtually for research questions and consultations using any of the following methods:
- Book an appointment
- Chat online
- Email email@example.com
- Call (585) 475-2563
- Drop-in consultations on Zoom
The Cary Graphic Arts Collection (2nd floor) and RIT Archives (3rd floor) have relocated within Wallace Library to a new, temporary space with proper environmental controls on the west end of the second floor. These collections are available for scheduled in-person visits and classes as of October 25, 2021. To request an appointment, email Cary staff or email Archives staff.
Both departments also remain available for virtual reference questions:
- Email the Cary Collection at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email RIT Archives at email@example.com or chat with archivists online (available Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 4:00pm)
RIT Press is closed and can not accommodate walk-in customers at this time. RIT Press staff remain available via email. Orders can be placed online through their website and will ship within 1-3 business days. RIT customers may select in-store pickup as a shipping option and email firstname.lastname@example.org for interoffice mail delivery at no charge.
Other Service Points in Wallace Library
The Innovative Learning Institute and Teaching and Learning Services remain open in the A level of Wallace. For in-person visits, please go to A650.
The RIT ASL and Deaf Studies Community Center (RADSCC) (1st floor) has relocated to the Gordon Field House, Room 1540, during construction.